Instructions for Swing Die (SM) Button Machines
Use the circle cutter to cut your paper artwork to the proper size.
Cutting of paper artwork must be done on a plate glass surface (10" by 10") in order to keep the blade sharp, and to make a clean cut ono the paper. Glass is not supplied with the machine.
When using the the cutter, hold die down in position with one hand, while pressing down with palm of your hand on the handle and rotating the handle to the right (clockwise).
The machine must be attached to a table top or secured to a heavy board with screws.
To Make a Button:
- Move the lower part of the die to the right and remove ring from the die.
- Place the metalic shell, followed by your circular button artwork, followed by the mylar into the lower die.
- Use the black line on the die as a guide for centering your artwork.
- Swing the lower die to the right so that it is under the upper die.
- Push the tab on the upper die to the left, and bring the handle doen as far as possible. Raise the handle and you will find that all items will no wbe in the upper die.
- Swing the now-empty loer die to the righ and put lower the ring into the lower die, matching up the black lines.
- Place the cardboard back into the lower die with ring in place, centering back pin with black line. (Pin should be down in die) and move swing die into position under the upper die.
- Push tab on upper die to the right.
- Bring handle down and press firmly.
- Swing lower die out and remove completed button.